- Eric Armengaud (Thesis 2003-2006).
- Cyril Lachaud (Maitre de conférence Paris 7).
- Tristan Beau (Maitre de conférence Paris 7).
- Benoit Revenu (CNRS).
TopicsThe sources of UHECRs are currently unknown. The discovery of point-like or large scale excesses in the sky could allow important progresses in the understanding of the origin of those particles. Two major factors limit the search for these features :
- The very poor statistics at the highest energies limits the signal to noise ratio between a possible source and the background.
- The search for large scale patterns with small amplitudes is difficult because of uncertainties on the sky exposure of our detector.
- Detector stability. Low energy trigger (at 1 EeV). Effects of weather conditions on the detection threshold of the detector and the energy reconstruction of events.
- Estimations of the sky exposure taking into account these subtleties with various methods that shall converge.
- Large scale analysis of arrival directions : harmonic analysis, scanstatistics, etc.
- Blind and educated searches for sources.